8.10.2010

Um... ew.

Are you a scab picker? I have to admit that I am. I don't know why, but I can't leave the little buggers alone. I mean, I'm not going to pry up a surgical staple, but there's something relaxing (to me) about pulling up the just-healed edge of a pile of red blood cells and platelets and peeking underneath. Actually, I don't even have to look at it -- it's more the sensation under my fingernail. Is that weird? That's not weird, is it? Why are you running away?

Anyway, apparently I'm not the only one with an odd fascination with the body's protective system. Here's an entire book about scabs. It claims to be the complete book of all scab knowledge (after all, "ALL" about scabs should mean ALL, right?). I may need to buy this and see if there's a name for my condition.


And if you liked the scab book, here's another by the same author. Clearly, the cover artist has never, ever, seen real breasts.

9 comments:

Philippa Lodge said...

We have "Everybody Poops". I think it's by the same guy. (Thanks, Granny!)

JamiSings said...

Actually I read on some dermatology blog that picking scabs might actually lead to LESS scarring then if you leave them alone. So it's not weird you want to pick them. You're trying to prevent a really bad scar from forming.

For me it's like scratching the otherwise impossible reach itch. Pick the scab off and the itching sensation goes away.

Miss Maggie said...

I feel like the breast illustration could also be the cover for a book on tweakers (anyone else see red eyes?).

Thanks for the post, BK, I swear I'm coming back soon!!

Anonymous said...

Actually, the Breasts illustration looks like scabs.

fairyhedgehog said...

You're sure the second book isn't about cupcakes?

Cavalier said...

It's a tricky thing (if not impossible) to draw something recognizable as breasts but not have it considered dirty.

kaye said...

The drawings are cool!!

-José Antónimo- said...

The first cover could be for a book about breasts, too...

Renato said...

If the seccond book was "All About Breasts" it would be a best seller!